Sunday, March 17, 2013

Snacks!


A couple weeks ago, I received two boxes of snacks within days of each other.  The first was the February snack box from Vegan Cuts.  What's cool about this snack box is it's a random sampling of items from the Vegan Cuts store and all these items are available in larger sizes directly from them.  What a great opportunity to support a vegan business!  

Of everything in the box, the Dang toasted coconut chips were my absolute favorite.  They're crispy and not too sweet, almost identical in flavor to the bags of roasted coconut chips available at Trader Joe's.  The lentil chips were mildly salted with good texture.  I liked the Surf Sweets watermelon and cherry fruity hearts; it reminded me of eating candy as a kid.  The raw mint chocolate was very rich and very dark and the delicious Sjaak's chocolate heart had a cherry-filled center.  I wasn't a fan of the BudiFree Star Chai bar, which tasted strongly of the chocolate liqueur in the ingredient list.  The Pure Fit Peanut Butter Toffee Crunch protein bar tasted good, but had a bit of a chalky feel to it.  It was a nice touch to include a Merry Hempsters lip balm and three flavors of these cool Serengeti tea sticks.  There was also a code to access a package of cooking classes free of charge.  

All in all, this was such a fun care package to receive!  I admit that I was secretly hoping one of the awesome Simply Straws Mason Jar Gift Sets would be included, but really I was quite happy with all of the great products I got to try and I would recommend signing up for the snack box for the sheer joy of seeing what's included!   






Earth Balance also sent me a few of their new snacks, which are available at Whole Foods.  The Vegan Aged White Cheddar Flavor Popcorn and Vegan Aged White Cheddar Flavor Puffs had the same salty, tangy flavor, but different textures.  The Puffs had a texture similar to how I'd imagine big Cheetos would be.  P.B. Popps are a sweet treat akin to Cracker Jack if Cracker Jack were coated in a peanut butter oat mixture.  These Earth Balance snacks would be great to set out in bowls at a party or to take on a road trip or to a sports event. 

2 comments:

Hannah said...

These snack box subscriptions really are taking off in popularity all of a sudden. It's a fun trend, but I recently (yesterday) received a fairly disappointing box from another company... I guess it's largely the luck of the draw though.

lynn said...

Snack attack...I can't get enough...