Sunday, February 10, 2008

S'mores Muffins


I'm an exhausted auntie* tonight, so this will be a short post. A couple weeks ago, I made VeggieGirl's S'mores Muffins. I love carob, I love Health Valley vegan amaranth graham crackers, I love VeggieGirl's blog, and I like Sweet & Sara marshmallows (my preference is for the coconut ones, but the vanilla flavor is ok, too). I like these muffins (there are still 8 or 9 in my freezer), but I don't love them. Maybe it's that the carob is the only flavor that really comes through or the fact that I had a lot of difficulty getting the marshmallow pieces to distribute evenly in the batter. Whatever the case, I filed these under the "like, but not love" category. I'm definitely happy to have them in the freezer for when I need a snack!

*I have 4 non-blood-related nephews, all of whom I love very much and none of whom I get to see very often. I got to spend about 12 hours today with my 4-year-old nephew while his mom was working. We had so much fun, but he wore me out! He, of course, ate completely vegan while he was with me. ;)

6 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

I made these muffins awhile back and found that I liked them more after a few days. Also, I used cocoa powder instead of carob powder and chocolate cookies instead of graham crackers... so they were a bit different.
How fun that you get to play with your nephew for a day!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

definitely try them with cocoa powder/chocolate chips - you can use them in equal amounts, in the recipe! :0)

Veggie Cookster said...

Sounds delicious! I made muffins this week, too, and hope to post about it soon. :)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Aww, little boys are so cute (as long as you don't have to spend *too* much time with them haha)

I love my little boy cousins.. but when they get whiney, I'm happy that I can give them back to their mothers!

J said...

Hey, I just found your blog, not sure how I missed it. Been enjoying it so far!

Those s'mores muffins look wonderful. And you know, since it's called a muffin, does that make it fair play as breakfast food?

Rural Vegan said...

Nieces and nephews are the best - you get to spoil them rotten, then send them home when they start acting up!