Friday, November 26, 2010

VeganMoFo: Follow Your Heart Thanksgiving Feast



We all know that Follow Your Heart is one of my favorite places to eat and shop. The small, co-op market and cafe is like home to me with its earthy, hippie vibe, delicious food, and other fun things (I bought myself a new pair of earrings there a few weeks ago).



This year, as with last, I went to FYH for the Thanksgiving Feast offered the day before Thanksgiving. The meal came with soup or salad (I opted for salad with a no-oil tahini-dill dressing), seitan turkey, stuffing (this year's stuffing was really good, better than last year's), mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, lemony green beans almondine, cranberry-mandarine orange compote, and spiced sweet potatoes. I was not able to finish everything, but part of the beauty of Thanksgiving is leftovers, right?

No comments: