Tuesday, November 2, 2010

VeganMoFo: Spork Foods Online!

My dear friends at Spork Foods are officially launching their brand-new website today! Spork Online features full-length HD videos of the unique four-course menus that Spork Foods offers in person on a weekly basis.

Membership is available either monthly, semi-annually, or annually and includes: one new HD video vegan cooking class per month, exclusive seasonal and holiday bonus recipes and classes, access to archived episodes, interactive Q&A with the Spork sisters, special events and sneak peeks, and exclusive out-of-the-kitchen adventures with the Spork sisters and their friends. These ladies mix knowledge with an innate sense of joy and they truly make cooking fun. The membership fees are a great deal and I already joined!



I have blogged about Spork Foods classes before, but to give you another sneak peek, I'll tell you about the Spork Foods Homemade Protein Class I attended this spring with one of my fantastic vegetarian friends.

What you see above at right is Maple Mustard Glazed Seitan with Spring Vegetables that was created with Homemade "Chicken Style" Seitan. On the left is Organic Orzo Salad with Lemon, Herbs, and Homemade Tofu. The plate also features the Homemade Tofu on its own in two different densities (more firm at the top of the plate and softer at the bottom of the plate.



Of course, the Spork sisters understand the importance of a balanced meal, so a dessert of Chocolate Chip Cookies and Homemade Almond Milk was also on the menu.



Lest you think it's only about the food, the Spork sisters are also building community through their classes. Attendees sit around the huge island for the classes and then move to the dining room table to share the meal. I can proudly say that I've made friends through Spork Foods. So, if you are in LA, I strongly encourage you to become a member of Spork Online and to take classes in person! Support your local vegan community!

3 comments:

omgoshimvegan said...

That was a great class! I've already signed up for the Spork Online as well. I am so excited. I have been looking forward to Spork online for sometime and now I get to "see" them anytime.

River said...

That's a great idea for those who want to attend their classes but can't! Oh yes, a balanced meal is important - bring on the cookies! :D

River said...

Forgot to say thank you for sharing your marshmallow/chip tips! I am leaning toward buying the Sweet and Sara marshies now.