I just love the blog Food Snobbery is My Hobbery and its fabulous author has written another survey! You can play along by copying the survey to your blog and linking to her blog. Here are my answers:
1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
"Scarborough Fair" by Simon & Garfunkel.
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
I almost never buy a cookbook unless it's vegan and was published in 2002 or later. Vegan cookbooks have come so far since then that most older vegan cookbooks seem seriously outdated.
3. What did you eat today?
Nothing yet; it's too early in the morning for me to eat!
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
Chipotle hot sauce.
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
I was 22 when I became vegetarian and tried veganism at that age, too, but went back to vegetarianism. I gave up cheese when I was 24. I've been solidly vegan since I was 29.
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
Follow Your Heart.
9. Cutest baby animal?
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
Organic raspberry with the seeds.
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
Coenzyme Q10, flax oil capsules, glucosamine (all vegan, all by Deva). If it weren't for some joint issues I'm trying to heal holistically, I wouldn't take any supplements at all.
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
The stuffing I make every year for Thanksgiving.
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Tea daily and hot chocolate for a treat!
15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
An apple (I don't usually eat after 9:30 p.m.).
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
My cat is on a strict diet because he has weight issues, but if I would let him, he'd eat fresh corn.
17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
When I was in 4th grade, I was helping my mom cut bell peppers. I didn't know not to put my hand under the pepper as I cut, so I sliced into my middle, ring, and pinkie fingers on my left hand. We went to the emergency room and got it wrapped, but I didn't need stitches, thankfully.
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
Usually people call me with food-related questions! Hmmm, I guess I'd call Your Vegan Mom because she's been vegetarian and vegan far longer than I have and she's an excellent cook!
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
I'm not a snacker. I always have Luna bars in my desk for breakfast and Clif bars in my car for dinners on the run.
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
Veganomicon's Chickpea Noodle Soup!
22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
I don't drink much juice. Fresh pressed Granny Smith apple juice is the best juice I've ever tasted.
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
I don't have one! I grew up with IBC, but it has high fructose corn syrup, so I don't drink that anymore. Virgil's is good, but not quite strong enough for me.
24. Make up your own question!
What is your best food/beverage-related way to fight an illness?
I find that soup with miso in it (the aforementioned Chickpea Noodle Soup or straight miso soup) does wonders, as does ginger tea.