Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins



Please accept my heartfelt "thank you" and enormous hugs for all of your sweet and thoughtful comments about my grandpa's passing. Being on the receiving end of your support, having not met some of you in person, is such a powerful experience. I feel truly blessed to be part of this community and I appreciate each and every one of you.

Now, if only a vegan blogger would create vegan cold cuts so I could have eaten something other than veggies and hummus between last Friday and last Monday, I'd be set. ;) Seriously, though, as much as I love hummus and veggies and rye bread, 4 full days' worth can become a bit tiresome!

Fortunately, in addition to the Quinoa Coffee Cake from yesterday's post, I baked these incredibly delicious Pumpkin Muffins from the soon-to-be-released Happy Herbivore holiday cookbook. I did eat several of these over those 4 days when I ate lunch and dinner at my mom's house while preparing for the funeral that was held on Monday.

By the way, these muffins are also fool-proof, which I discovered after accidentally omitting a seemingly key ingredient. So, there's another incentive to buy Happy Herbivore's new cookbook; even if you make a mistake, the recipes still turn out great!

7 comments:

Bex said...

I am all over this book when it comes out. Those muffins look awesome.

Anonymous said...

Poor you, hummus and veggies for 4 days straight!! At least it's nutritious. ;)

I love that type of recipe, as it seems I'm always forgetting something! They sound terrific.

Sheree' said...

I just saw that recipe today and need to test it tomorrow. I have pumpling just screaming to be used. I agree that hummus can only go so far. I hope you are ok and can have happy memories.

My dinner guests have made their apperance. :o)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hugs to you!

I know what you mean about veggies and hummus. While I was in CA I must have eaten hummus for at least one meal every single day. I was pretty sick of it and ready to swear it off forever but somehow we made up and are bff's again.

I could definitely use some pumpkin muffins right now! They sound delish.

Anonymous said...

Your muffins look so yummy - fool proof is the best kind of recipe, especially when you've got so much on your mind...plus you must be wilting after only eating veg & hummus! Courage mon amie!

Zoey said...

I love pumpkin muffins and those look delicious!

When the cookbook comes out will you tell us which ingredient you forgot to add?

Adele said...

My condolences for your grandpa. My grandfather died two years ago, while I was overseas - in some ways I think I would have preferred to be there and have the sleepless nights. It doesn't really hit you when you hear over email.

The pumpkin muffins sound great. I love a recipe that can't go wrong!

Btw, we've moved, so our new url is bluelentils.blogspot.com.