Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trader Joe's Wraps it Up



I'm not shy about bringing my own food to Angel Stadium to see my beloved team play. Usually, I'll make a little one-person picnic from things I have in the fridge or something simple I've whipped up. You might remember when Happy Herbivore's Corndawgs accompanied me to a game last month. I didn't have time to cook before the most recent game I attended, but I did have time to stop at Trader Joe's for groceries the previous night.

It is highly unusual for me to be checking out the items in the pre-made sandwich section at Trader Joe's. However, something pulled me in that direction on that fateful evening and I discovered this wrap with a nice big "V" for vegan stamped on its label. Intrigued, I picked it up and began reading the label. Imagine my surprise when I read that label not once, not twice, but three times and did not see the word "onion" on it anywhere. I found a VEGAN, ONION-FREE, grilled veggie wrap with baba ganoush. I still can't believe it!

Sneaking bites between innings as I juggled my wrap with my scorebook, I enjoyed every last morsel. While it's not something I'd buy often because I'd rather prepare my own meals, it's awesome to have a healthy, satisfying, and onion-free vegan wrap when convenience is key. Thanks, yet again, Trader Joe's!

7 comments:

evestirs said...

trader joe's can be awesome! i'll have to keep my eye out for that one.

River said...

YAY for onion free vegan wraps! If I'm making my own wraps, I like onion, but the store bought stuff always has WAY too much for my taste.

KZ said...

omg, that's right! the Angels are in the playoffs! i never know what's going on the other side of the mississippi.

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray, Trader Joe's!! :0)

quarrygirl said...

i haven't tried babaganoush yet! it sounds good though and i do like eggplant. glad you found something to take to the game!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

vegan convenience food is such a great option every once in a while! Hard to find around here though. I'll have to check out TJ's.

shellyfish said...

Oh how fun - a baseball game!! It's so grey and rainy I forget it's still playoffs. So glad you had some onion-free love for the munching.