Tuesday, October 20, 2009

VeganMoFo: Fall Dinner Party



A couple weekends ago, I was invited to an incredible fall-themed dinner party with friends. We all got together to prepare the meal, having a blast cooking, laughing, and eating in the kitchen. My plate, at top, featured a spicy and delicious mug of chili, roasted acorn and butternut squash, rice crackers dipped in the most wonderful homemade tahini sauce, and roasted beets and Brussels sprouts.

Appetizers, including two varieties of homemade hummus and homemade dolmas.

Homemade tahini sauce.

Squash risotto.

Chili.

Roasted squash right out of the oven.

Fruity chocolate truffles.

I brought the crustless Chocolate Pumpkin Pie I make annually for Thanksgiving.

Dessert was S'mores with Dandies marshmallows roasted over the fire pit, Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Halloween Treats, and Health Valley amaranth graham crackers.

I can't imagine a better way to spend a Friday night in autumn.

12 comments:

quarrygirl said...

awwww i wish i was there. :( damn sickness. boo!

everything looks delicious!

The Voracious Vegan said...

Each picture looks better than the last (that hummus! that chili!) but you really did save the best for last....that s'more is AMAZING!

kim g. said...

That's one of the most impressive spreads I've seen in a long time! Everything looks amazing!

Debra said...

Man, looks so good... especially the smores!
Debra @ Vegan Family Style

Leslie Richman said...

Oh my gosh all of that sounds and looks delicious!!

radioactivegan said...

that sounds like so much fun! I wish i had a kitchen big enough to host more than one person. I'll have to keep this in mind for future dinner parties :)

Lex said...

so glad you took pics! Couldn't have dreamed up better dinner party guests!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

yum! please, may I come to the party next time?! ;)

vegan.in.brighton said...

That all looks amazing, I really want one of those s'mores!

Anonymous said...

holy guacamole that stuff looks incredible! I'm always wanting to make dolmas but I never do because I'm afraid they will be bland like the ones at Whole Foods are. So then I end up ordering them out where they are delish but are also dripping in oil.

aTxVegn said...

How fun! Everything looks so good. You are all fantastic cooks!

Ricki said...

Fabulous dinner party! Aren't parties with friends--especially when everyone cooks together--the best? The menu looks great--gotta try chili that way. And your pie--wow.