Thursday, October 29, 2009

VeganMoFo: Hugo's Tacos (Studio City)



I've told you so much about Hugo's Restaurant, but I've yet to disclose my favorites at Hugo's Tacos, which has a clearly-printed list of its vegan menu items and carries Follow Your Heart cheese. I ate quite a few meals there this summer as I was planning my move and top honors go to the dish that is simply called Salad (from the menu: Romaine lettuce, green beans, corn, zucchini, pico de gallo, cotija cheese and vegan spicy caesar dressing.). They swap out the cotija cheese for Follow Your Heart (you can see it in the little container in the foreground) to make it vegan and that's all there is to it. On the particular occasion captured above, I also ordered a tasty side of white beans.



If I'm feeling particularly hungry or indulgent, I'll order a Burrito (from the menu: Flour tortilla with organic spanish rice, organic white beans, choice of filling, choice of salsa, onion & cilantro.). Hugo's Tacos offers two vegan "fillings" to add to its menu items and my preference is for the zucchini, corn, and string bean option. I believe this one contained the soy chorizo, potato, zucchini filling, but I don't care for it, as it contains onions. What I do love, however, is that there's a choice between an all-vegetable vegan filling and a meat-analogue vegan filling to suit everyone's tastes.



If you're in the mood for dessert, Hugo's Tacos delivers with a creamy, cinnamon-laced Rice Pudding to end the meal on a sweet note.

3 comments:

Debra said...

It all looks sooo good.. lucky you!
Debra @ Vegan Family Style
don't forget my cookbook giveaway- giveaway closes down Oct 31, midnight.

Sunny Subramanian said...

I'm so impressed with your Vegan Mofo'in - mad props for being so dedicated.
p.s. we need to hang soon! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks really nice. I'm enjoying reading your posts too.