Saturday, October 17, 2009

VeganMoFo: Swingers



Thanks to one of my most amazing friends (I promised him producer credit and he completely deserves it as Swingers was his idea), I finally had an opportunity to eat at Swingers, a vegan-friendly diner in L.A. (there's also a Santa Monica location). I opted for the Vegan Burrito (from the menu: tofu and sauteed spinach with quinoa and black beans wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla, topped with chipotle sauce), which was so incredible that I'm going to start playing with those ingredients to recreate it to the best of my ability at home.

Swingers has other fun vegan menu items such as Vegan Cobb salad, Tofu Chilaquiles, and a Hardcore Soy Shake, so I'd recommend heading over there to get your diner food fix.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

First off I love your blog. I am planning on moving to LA in spring from NYC and it's a great resource and inspirational for me. Can't wait to try so many of the places you've reviewed.

I wanted to see if you would be interested in supporting or contributing to the Facebook Los Angeles Vegan & Vegetarian group that I am trying to get off the ground. I started one for NYC a couple years ago and it's got over a 1,000 members now. It's a great resource for networking, research, listing events / inviting people to events, etc. I would love to do the same thing for LA.

If there's any way you could promote / invite your readers to join or contribute the the group that would be awesome. I'm open to any ideas you may have and would definitely link-share if your interested.

Let me know if this sounds at all interesting. LA is a big place, hopefully the group will bring people together and create a great community for LA veg'ns.

Group URL:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120746981301


Thanks for listening,
Addam