Friday, October 2, 2009

VeganMoFo: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



One of my friends has been requesting that I bake him Oatmeal Raisin Cookies since I met him in April. I finally caved to the begging and veganized the recipe that I always thought was the best.

I was also very lucky in that I was able to share these cookies with Vegan Noodle of Walking the Vegan Line and her wonderful husband! We had an incredible lunch together at my favorite Follow Your Heart (yes, I ordered the vegan Reuben with vegan cheese, a.k.a. the best sandwich ever; more on that in a later post) when they were in town to celebrate her birthday in early September.

Considering the feedback I received for these cookies, this is definitely "the" vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe for my trusty cookie arsenal.

8 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

I want you to make ME some cookies! ;-) These look chewy and tasty and scrumptious! I love the addition of raisins, extra special yum.

VeganWoman said...

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are on the top of my list when it comes to cookies! I am a raisin freak and I love to put them in anything I can. Thanks for the post!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

They look so perfectly pillowy and chewy at the same time! Cookie success!

Jen Treehugger said...

YUM!
Gorgeous looking Cookies.

VEGAN TICKLES said...

Picture perfect cookies!

Ricki said...

A great classic cookie! They look irresistible. And what a lovely b-day lunch! :)

Hannah said...

How did you know I've been craving oatmeal cookies for weeks now? ;) These look perfect!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Ooh, those oatmeal raisin cookies look tasty.