Tuesday, October 27, 2009

VeganMoFo: Roasted Butternut Squash



Despite our weather being sunny and mid-80s, we're still reaping the benefits of autumn. I've been having squash cravings, so I roasted this small butternut squash at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (it probably could've used another 5 minutes). When it was cool enough to handle, I scooped the flesh out of the skin and ate it plain for lunch. Butternut squash really doesn't need any adornment; it's perfectly sweet and flavorful on its own.

5 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

I've never had butternut squash, or at least I've never made it for myself and I don't think I've ever eaten it! Everyone says it is amazing and you make it look beautiful, if I can find some I will have to make it!

foodfitnessfreshair said...

That's one of the best combos...warm weather and fall food!

Debra said...

yummy! I love fall food!
Debra @ Vegan Family Style
don't forget the cookbook giveaway on my blog!

Raising Seven Vegans said...

My boys love butternut squash eaten plain too. Yum. Great blog by the way!

Hannah said...

I agree, roasted butternut is perfect as is! A pinch of salt might be nice, but everything else is superfluous.