Sunday, October 25, 2009

VeganMoFo: Peanut "Better" Cookies



More often than not, I get the best cookie results by veganizing my childhood favorite recipe. I didn't grow up with one for peanut butter cookies, though, due to my brother's peanut allergy. So, when my assistant repeatedly asked me to bake peanut butter cookies for her, I gave the recipe in Dreena Burton's Vive Le Vegan a shot.

While I don't usually have high hopes for cookies that contain oil rather than vegan butter, Dreena's Peanut "Better" Cookies live up to their name. The cookies were soft and chewy, unlike some other peanut butter cookie recipes that produce crunchy, crumbly cookies. My assistant, who is not only an omnivore, but an extremely picky one, proclaimed these the best peanut butter cookies she'd ever had and has been begging me to bake them again ever since. Mission accomplished.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Such a delicious classic! I haven't made regular PB cookies in a while... Maybe I'll check out Dreena's recipe next time, too. :)

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Nice one on impressing the omni. I just love it when they can't get enough of the vegan goodness!

Anonymous said...

Impressing omnis with vegan food = the best thing evvar. good job!

The Voracious Vegan said...

Soft and chewy cookies are THE BEST! Haha, I love blowing omni's minds with vegan deliciousness...we are slowly taking over the world!