Monday, October 19, 2009

VeganMoFo: Short but Sweet & Sara



Over the summer, Sweet & Sara, the gourmet vegan marshmallow company (my favorite are the Toasted Coconut), released two new flavors: Cinnamon Pecan and Strawberry.

Cinnamon Pecan Marshmallows are nicely spiced with a smattering of pecans to give a contrasting crunch.

Strawberry Marshmallows truly are packed with real strawberries; there are even seeds dotting the confections.

There's a great interview with Sara Sohn, the proprietor of Sweet & Sara on the Veggywood blog if you'd like to read more about this lovely company. Also, make sure to check the Sweet & Sara website linked above for adorable ghost-shaped Halloween marshmallows and mini marshmallows for your vegan hot cocoa (although I'd like to ask Sweet & Sara to please offer the mini marshmallows in a 10 oz. bag to make vegan Rice Krispies Treats easier to prepare). Thank you, Sweet & Sara, for paving the way to amazing vegan marshmallows!

6 comments:

Debra said...

Yummy! I miss marshmellows! They look soo good.
Debra @ Vegan Family Style

Jenn Shagrin said...

Aww thank you so much! I'll show you the rocks asap ;)

That title post was quite clever. Touche, m'lady.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Holy goodness, I didn't know they were making flavored ones now!

Lisa Marie said...

Aren't the cinnamon pecan ones heavenly? I can't see them and not buy them. They are just too good to pass up. I haven't tried the strawberry ones yet though. Maybe next time.

Ricki said...

I just read about the ghost-shaped marshies--wish I could try them! The flavors all sound amazing.

Hannah said...

Oh yes, I got some of these too, and will be posting about them soon enough! Those cinnamon pecan ones are just flat out amazing, especially with the holidays in mind.