Tuesday, November 6, 2007

VeganMoFo: Eat Your Greens!

As you can see by the list at right, I have a LOT of cookbooks. One great thing about VeganMoFo is that it gives me the motivation to actually, *gasp*, cook from these lovely books. Tonight, I dove into La Dolce Vegan for the Sesame Roasted Asparagus. I also sauteed some baby spinach in a little sesame oil because it needed to be used before going bad. These lovely green dishes are for my lunches the next two days, so I haven't tried them yet. I'll most likely pack the green veggies along with a brown rice tortilla (I believe I'm the only person in the world who truly likes these from Trader Joe's) and a red grapefruit.

I don't know how this happened, but I have been eating a red grapefruit at lunchtime daily for so many months that I can't recall when this habit began. I painstakingly peel away all the layers of pith and eat them like an orange. What can I say? I have no explanation; it just is what it is. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you actually peel the grapefruit? That is dedication! I'm often too lazy to even want to deal with eating one the old fashion way (with a spoon).

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Oh, yes, Foodeater, with great precision, I peel my grapefruit. Veganism aside, I have very quirky eating habits. Nothing to do but own up to it. :)