Wednesday, November 21, 2007

VeganMoFo: Vegyogini Routine

Vegan Noodle asked which are my favorite Luna Bars and I'm not feeling like a long post, so I'm going to tell you about my weekday morning routine. I don't know about you, but I don't like to eat first thing in the morning. I also don't like to eat a big breakfast during the week (I save those for special occasions). I wake up at 6:30 to get ready for work and am out the door by 7:20 for what is generally a commute of an hour and fifteen minutes or longer. On my morning commute, I drink an entire bottle of water (either 16 or 20 oz. depending on what I have on hand). When I get to work, I refill my water bottle* and make myself a mug of green tea, usually around 9 a.m. After I nurse my green tea and finally finish it, it's on to the day's Luna Bar.

I'm sure you won't be surprised when I tell you that, every Monday, I bring in a week's worth of Luna Bars and that I eat them in order of my favorite to my least favorite (although I obviously only buy flavors I like). Yes, I'm that regimented. Here's the order:

Monday: Caramel Nut Brownie (lick-the-extra-caramel-off-the-wrapper good)
Tuesday: Peanut Butter Cookie (just like the Girl Scout PB sandwich cookies)
Wednesday: Chocolate Peppermint Stick (like Girl Scout Thin Mints, but better)
Thursday: Chocolate Raspberry (soft with a strong raspberry flavor)
Friday: Cookies 'n Cream Delight (sweet & more crumbly than the other flavors)
Runner up: Chocolate Pecan Pie (sweet and chocolatey)

I haven't tried the new Berry Almond flavor yet. The only flavor I actually dislike is Lemon Zest. It's too sweet and has an odd flavor. I'll eat it if I have no other option, but I'd rather not.

What if I have a day or two off one week, you might ask? I still go in flavor order from top to bottom and I'll save the extra Cookies 'n Cream Delight for a pre-yoga meal or for a weekend breakfast.

I buy my Luna Bars at Whole Foods because they cost 99 cents each and, if you buy a whole case of a flavor, you get 10% off the case. Meaning, that I buy a case each of the aforementioned flavors at a time and don't have to replenish my supply for about 15 weeks.

The rest of the morning, I just drink water until lunch time. I'm not a snacker. :)

*I'm a strong believer in drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day, which is about 4 bottles.

1 comment:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Thanks for the run-down of your favorite Luna bars! I"ve tried the caramel nut brownie and liked that as well, but the peanut butter and peppermitn stick sound like they would be right up my alley as well!
I try to drink lots of water, sometimes I'm pretty good and other times not. A strict routine is definitely the way to go!