Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spork Foods!

Just when I thought I couldn't be any luckier with all the vegan options I have in my home community of L.A., Spork Foods comes along to add to my good fortune. I'll let you check out their website for details, but the gist is that two lovely sisters decided they would offer vegan cooking classes out of their L.A.-area home to anyone and everyone willing to pay to experience their expertise.

On February 17, I took my first Spork Foods class, which was centered on vegan protein sources. I'll refer you to Foodeater's post at To Live and Eat in L.A., as she took beautiful photos and already detailed the class contents perfectly. Unfortunately, my camera batteries died the minute I sat on my stool around the counter in the Spork Foods kitchen, so I don't have any to share with you.

I'm signed up to take their Southeast Asian and dessert classes in the coming months, so stay tuned for more Spork goodness! Hopefully, my camera batteries will be less temperamental next time...

4 comments:

J said...

Sigh, how I wish I could have the conveniences of perks of LA without having to live there, that's much too big of a city for this midwestern girl. :-)

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I love LA.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Sounds like soooo much fun!! I'm taking an Indian food cooking class this week which I"m pretty excited about.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to convince Lane that we need to take one of these classes. They sound wonderful!

Jane of VeganBits.com