Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sweet Freedom

I have a couple more test recipes to show you from the splendid Ricki's upcoming Sweet Freedom cookbook.



This is a delicious Chocolate-Covered Caramel (Ricki posted about these here with a much more attractive photo).



Behold, a bowl of pineapple pieces topped with a dollop of Ricki's incredible Soy-Free, Sugar-Free Coconut Whipped "Cream." It took all the restraint I had to not eat every last bit of this whipped cream with a spoon!

By the way, Ricki's been nominated for a Best Food Blog Award in the Writing category over on the Well Fed Network. Voting is already closed, so keep your fingers crossed for her to win! Also, she's holding a contest for vegan goodies. Follow this link to enter.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! I"m glad to see you posted again! And vegan whipped cream- yummy!

Anonymous said...

You're a lucky tester! I can't wait for that book.

Anonymous said...

Oh those Ricki Recipes! She is really the "sweetest" there is, and you really did rock the restraint, because that stuff is trop, trop bon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! Your caramels looks fabulous!! So glad you liked them and the cream, too. :)
Oh, and sorry to say that the winners have been announced and I didn't win--but it sure was fun to be part of it all. But I'll cross my fingers for you re: the contest on my blog!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Tough job being a tester for Ricki, huh? :-) Those caramels look awesome and so does the whipped cream!

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thanks :) The seitan actually comes out even better when I break it up into smaller pieces.
PS check your e-mail, lady.

Anonymous said...

If it's chocolate and caramel, who cares what it looks like- It's GOT to taste good! :)

Anonymous said...

that chocolate covered caramel looks divine! i love seeing all the things you cook, i always get inspired to buy more cookbooks!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

The whipped cream looks so dreamy!! I voted for Ricki too! :)

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thanks, lady :) Goodness, that chocolate covered caramel looks off the chain! And I'm not even a chocolate girl.