Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Am Sustained & Immortal



You'll often find me at Cafe Gratitude for lunch or dinner, but it's uncommon that I'll treat myself to breakfast. Today was an exception and I began my day with a phenomenal bowl of I Am Sustained (steamed quinoa with fresh strawberries, bananas, apples, goji berries, cinnamon, maple syrup, and coconut milk) and a nice warm cup of I Am Immortal (Immune system enhancing, consciousness expanding, ancient tonifying elixir made from Reishi, Shilajit and Ormus. Served hot with coconut milk and raw honey (I order it without the honey.)).

I'm always so taken with simple preparation of food that truly showcases its freshness and natural vibrancy. After savoring every bite of I Am Sustained, I decided I will start making myself similar breakfasts as regularly as possible. I eat both breakfast and lunch at work Monday through Friday and it would be easy for me to create a breakfast grain bowl to eat at my desk. I love when a restaurant meal inspires me in my daily life!



I also took home a wonderful raw quinoa crispy treat called I Am Truth (quinoa, coconut flakes, dates, coconut butter, vanilla, lucuma, and salt), which is one of the best desserts I've ever had at Cafe Gratitude (and I've tried almost all of them).

3 comments:

Theresa said...

That looks like a great breakfast! So fresh, but also looks filling. Yum.

Hannah said...

If only this were a local restaurant I could just pop into... That looks like such a wonderful breakfast, definitely a treat!

Margaret said...

Great blog!! Love the photos! I also wanted to lick the screen as I'm on day 22 of my 30-40 juice cleanse. Always looking for inspiration for meals to fix my family. Thank you!!
http://veganrawfood.net