Monday, December 8, 2008

Better Late Than Never...



As you know, I left town the day after Thanksgiving this year and was gone until the following Wednesday. It didn't make sense for me to have a ton of leftovers if I wasn't going to be able to enjoy them, so I didn't make anything that wouldn't last until I got home. I made the same stuffing and pie I blogged about last year here and, true to my word, I made the pie crustless on purpose this time. It's so fudgy and rich, but also warmly spiced. I posted the stuffing recipe here. You know it's delicious since I make it time and time again.



The new player in my Thanksgiving repertoire this year was the Traditional Cranberry Sauce from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan. I love cranberry sauce and I don't care for it with orange peel, so this was my ideal recipe. I really wanted to add the intriguing optional balsamic vinegar, but my super yoga strength was not enough to wrest the cap off my bottle of vinegar. Next time!



My mom also set aside some plain green beans and sweet potatoes before she prepared their respective casseroles. All in all, it was a perfect Thanksgiving meal.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks so yummy! I just love Thanksgiving food.

Alicia said...

I'm all about easy food, so why complicate it more than necessary? your meal looks perfect to me, leftovers or not.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love stuffing, and that looks delicious.

VeganCowGirl said...

I agree - better late than never - and it looks amazing!!!! The pie is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, delicious food! Thanks for sharing!

Bex said...

cranberries and chocolate, that's all I need.

Anonymous said...

Hm, now I'm craving chocolate for some odd reason... ;)

Anonymous said...

wow, that pie looks so freaking amazing! i love seeing the things you cook.

Sheree' said...

OH does that pie look yummy. That would make my DH crazy happy!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, yummy!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Oh the pie! Must. Have. The. Pie!!