Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cooking Light

I've had a Cooking Light subscription for years. It was always a gift subscription and, despite the fact that nobody has paid for my subscription for years, it still comes in the mail on a monthly basis. I enjoy flipping through it and a lot of their recipes are easily veganized, but I rarely make recipes from it and I won't be renewing if it actually stops coming this year. That being said, imagine my immense surprise and excitement when I received the November 2007 issue and found that this month's "Inspired Vegetarian" column features Alex Jamieson, author of The Great American Detox Diet! Her book is one of my favorites and I recommend it to people quite often. I spent 7 weeks on her detox program in June and July 2006 and really enjoyed it. The "Inspired Vegetarian" column is usually more of a lacto-ovo veg column and I was very happy to see them recognize veganism this time. As if all that weren't exciting enough, there's also a recipe in a completely different column for "Smoky Seitan, Pinto Bean, and Hominy Stew." Hooray for seitan in an omni magazine!! I believe they also featured tempeh recipes in another recent issue. So, big kudos from me to Cooking Light for being open to sharing vegan recipes and meat replacements with their readers!

P.S. I still don't know how to post photos and I know today is already 4 days into VeganMoFo, but maybe this post can count toward it anyway?

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I too read Cooking Light, and try to think about how to veganize the recipes :0)

as for adding photos - there's a little icon above the text box, where you write your posts - it looks like a little painting or something... and then you just add photos from your computer or from a URL/website.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Thanks for the advice, VeggieGirl! I will definitely give it a shot. :)

Veggie said...

yeah, I love Alex's book too!