Tuesday, November 20, 2007

VeganMoFo: Clif Bar Review

This one's going to be kind of short and sweet...

I practice yoga, as you may have derived from my screen name, and a couple of the classes I regularly attend leave me nothing more than 5 minutes between finishing my nightly commute and arriving at class. Many people practice yoga on an empty stomach, but I find the hunger pangs distracting, so I at least eat a piece of fruit about an hour before class (while I'm driving or right before leaving work). When I was at Whole Foods the other day, with a coupon in hand, I decided to try a few flavors of Clif Bars as a pre-yoga meal. Usually, I stay away from Clif Bars because they are a little high in calories for my taste, but I had a coupon and MoFo posts to produce. I bought 3 flavors and have tried 2 so far: Peanut Toffee Buzz and Cool Mint Chocolate.

Both flavors were soft, but dense and chewy; a very nice texture combination. The Peanut Toffee Buzz had a really good peanut flavor. My only complaint is that it only had a couple toffee pieces in it. I would've liked a little toffee in each bite. As for the Cool Mint Chocolate, I'm a big fan of the mint chocolate flavor duo and this had just the right amount of both.

Bonus: The Clif Bars kept me full for a good 4 hours after eating them.

Although Clif Bars are yummy, that won't change the fact that I'm a Luna Bar devotee, but that's another story for another day. :)

1 comment:

Vegan_Noodle said...

I don't eat clif bars very often at all. I've had some of the flavors of luna bars and have really liked them (which are your faves?). They sound like a perfect, quick snack before yoga though....