Monday, October 13, 2008

Baked Tofu Parmesan with Marinara Sauce

For dinner Sunday night, I made Happy Herbivore's test recipe for Baked Tofu Parmesan (her blog post about it is here). It was so delicious. She will be releasing the e-cookbook with this recipe in it soon, so your wait is almost over!

Baked Tofu Parmesan Cutlets naked:

In keeping with my personal challenge to use my cookbooks more frequently during VeganMoFo, I made the Marinara from Yellow Rose Recipes (the author's blog is here) to accompany my Baked Tofu Parmesan. Even though I've had this book for ages, this was my first time cooking from it! I left out the onions and used a can of whole tomatoes instead of diced. Since the whole tomatoes broke down so easily, I didn't blend the marinara as the recipe suggested. It turned out very well and was perfect with the dish.

Yellow Rose Recipes's Marinara coating the Baked Tofu Parmesan:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've also had Yellow Rose Recipes forever and never made anything from it. Everything in there looks so good, I'm not sure why I haven't tried any of it.

Tofu Parm and marinara sounds like a great meal. Good job!

KZ said...

This would hit the spot right now. Yet another bookmarked dinner idea! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks and sounds very delicious!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

classic!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous dish!

Anonymous said...

That looks divine! I'd really like to get the Yellow Rose cookbook. Bisous!

VeganCowGirl said...

I adore baked tofu, and there is nothing better than a good tomato sauce.

I agree - I too need to use more cookiebookies.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, that sounds so good!