Thursday, October 16, 2008

May in NYC: Counter for Brunch

As you can see from the previous post, my dining experience at Counter was superb! It was so amazing, in fact, that my dad and I decided to scrap our plans to go to Teany for brunch the next morning (we've been there a ton of times already) in order to try the brunch menu at Counter. We were not sorry!



My meal was Chef Geraud's Signature Pain Perdu (from the menu: a delicious vegan twist on classic French toast with banana flambe). This was a fairly easy choice for me because I love caramelized bananas and it's rare that I eat French toast. However, all the vegan items on the menu looked delicious and I wished I could have tasted them all! I did ask the server if I could try the house-made vegan Nutella, though, and it was wonderful.



I don't care for coffee, but I like coffee-flavored sweets. In the spirit of adventure, I ordered the Chocolatey-Espresso Frappuccino (espresso-chocolate heaven with delicious vegan whipped cream and Valhrona chocolate shavings). Wow, it was like drinking a milk shake for brunch and it was fantastic!

P.S. Counter is a vegetarian, not a completely vegan, restaurant. My dad's meal was vegetarian that morning, so I didn't sample it.

6 comments:

aTxVegn said...

That looks wonderful!

Penny said...

I've heard of their legendary brunch...vegan nutella: wow. Their chick pea fries are legendary!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I need that Chocolatey-Espresso Frappuccino!!

Sheree' said...

Vegan French toast is wonderful. I never liked it until I became vegan. The whole egg thing was just too gross for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this virtual culinary tour of New York you sharing with us! Merci!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! thanks for recommending this place. i just got back from NYC and the brunch here was AMAZING. i will be posting on it soon. just wanted to thank you for writing about it...

:D