Tuesday, October 14, 2008

May in NYC: Pure Juice and Take-away

Way back over Memorial Day weekend, I went to visit my dad in New York City. He's amazing and lets me completely plan our weekends in NYC around vegan food. In the past, we've dined at Teany (a favorite), Candle 79 (a favorite), Candle Cafe, Caravan of Dreams, Zen Palate in Union Square (apparently no longer in existence), and more. This time around, we tried a couple news places instead of returning to our old favorites.



We only had about a day and a half together this time and our first stop (for lunch) was Pure Juice and Take-away. The intention was to eat at Pure Food and Wine, but they are not open for lunch! It turned out just fine because there's a tiny (and I mean tiny; this photo is basically the entire place) take-away facet of their business around the corner from the main restaurant.

I had the delicious Spicy Thai Lettuce Wraps (from the menu: mango, savoy cabbage, pea shoots).

I don't remember whether I had the Green Spice juice (greens with lime and ginger) or the Thai Green juice (greens with pineapple, cilantro, and lime) (I think it was the latter).

My dad had a yummy taco salad that I don't see on the current incarnation of the menu.

For dessert, we shared a Mallomar (almond pecan cookie, cream, chocolate).

The food was really good, but I don't know that my dad is quite ready for raw food. He was extremely gracious about it, though!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds excellent! i am off to NYC in 2 weeks so this will come in handy.

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm SOOO JAELOUS !!!!!! :-PPP I WANT TO GET TO NYC RIGHT NOW..!! :PP I live in Poland and such restaurants bars cafes would be a MIRACLE HERE....ehhh!!!! Take me there!!! :_(((

Well...by the way....nice blog and nice infos :)) enjoyed it!!

I've just started my own blog.. I'd be SOOOO happy to see a comment from you!!! Pls visit me on

www.agnesworldofveganpleasures.blogspot.com

Have a great day!!

KZ said...

wow! i've never been to their take-away but now... with your images... i'm so there!!!

Anonymous said...

HEY that's me again =)) Just wanted to say a BIG THANKX to you!!Your such a great person!! Thank you so much for that comment on my blog!! It was very helpful =D it would be SOOO nice to see your comments more often on my blog :))

There's a new post today =) I'd love to see a comment from YOU :D

Keep in touch :D

www.agnesworldofveganpleasures.blogspot.com

Enjoy the day :D

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous, I have Raw Food Real World and everything I have made from it has been fantastic! I really want to go. And OH that mallomar!

Anonymous said...

Your dad sounds like such a sweetie! Everything looks so amazing, mais surtout that Malamar...j'en veux moi!

Kristen's Raw said...

Lucky you to enjoy that PF&W. And, that's so sweet of your dad to support your lifestyle. I love hearing stories about families like that.

Cheers to green juice! It rocks :)

Kristen

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

MY PARENTS AND I LOOOOOVED THAT PLACE!!!! We went there twice out of the 4 days that we were in NYC, haha :0)