Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ode to Cafe Gratitude LA



This year, the first day of October brings VeganMoFo and, more importantly, the debut of Cafe Gratitude LA's new menu. In honor of the latter, I dedicate VeganMoFo 2011 exclusively to Cafe Gratitude LA's delectable offerings. Some of what I'll feature this month will be from the previous menu, but I will try to stick to what is currently available.

I make it a practice to dine at CGLA at the very least once per week (generally more) and I see that only a few of my former go-to dishes have been retired (two of them are seen in this post). I'm hoping they will return in the spring, but that being said, the new menu is simply divine.



At top is I Am Grounded, the most delicious roasted potatoes served with spicy nacho cashew cheese, which I always paired with I Am Vibrant, greens (usually kale) perfectly sauteed with garlic and topped with pepitas.

Today's Cafe Gratitude LA Question of the Day: When do you feel liberated?

2 comments:

omgoshimvegan said...

I can't wait to read more. As you know those two items are favorites of mine as well.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

When I don't have to work!

Just thinking to pull out their uncookbooks again!
LOVE their desserts but TOO much oil! But their dips, etc...are really nice and do adore the books.